Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a FAQ to open the answer.
Please contact us with your questions if the FAQs don't contain the answer you're looking for.
What is the Current Weekly Menu?
The Current Weekly Menu contains a selection of dishes that represents our current offering. It changes every week, in terms of food selections, but it will always contain 9 dishes in the following arrangement:
- 3 Entree Dishes (in 24 ounce portions)
- 4 Sides Dishes (in 24 ounce portions)
- 1 Soup Dish (in a 32 ounce portion)
- 1 Dessert Dish (in a 16 ounce portion)
All food orders are placed by making selections from the Current Weekly Menu using our Online Order Form.
How often do your menus repeat?
We try to mix up our menus as often as possible by adding new and seasonal dishes, which is a process that will accelerate over time.
What are my options when ordering from the Current Weekly Menu?
Note additional instructions are provided directly on the Order Form under the Instructions button.
Menu items are selected from the Current Weekly Menu by first selecting to order A La Carte or the Weekly Meal Plan.
Both order methods allow customers to adjust order quantities according to their needs with the following differences:
- A La Carte
- A La Carte orders have no minimum.
- A La Carte orders must be picked up.
- There are no delivery options for A La Carte orders.
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Weekly Meal Plans have a minimum order that changes with the size of your order, or number of meal plans ordered. You may order any dish, in any quantity, and the Order Form will calculate your order totals automatically. The Order Form will also compute and display your Minimum Order Total according to the following:
- Order Size of 1: $80
- Order Size of 2: $75 each, or a total of $150
- Order Size of 3 or more: $70 each, or a total of $210 in the case of 3 orders, or $280 in the case of 4 orders, etc.
- Each order initially provides the quantities and portions of the Current Weekly Menu.
- Increasing the Order Size from 1 to 3 would triple the quantities and portions of the Current Weekly Menu.
- Weekly Meal Plans are automatically scheduled for delivery or optionally scheduled for pickup.
- Weekly Meal Plan orders, at your option, can be packed and delivered in our rented coolers.
How many meals are in a single order?
The number of meals, or the amount of food contained in an order is determined by the dishes and quantities you order, and whether your order is an A La Carte order or a Weekly Meal Plan order.
Generally, depending on your appetite, each dish in the Current Weekly Menu contains approximately 3-4 servings and works out to be approximately 12 meals, or lunch and dinner for 6 days.
Most of our clients add additional items from around the house to their Vegin-In meals.
When do I have to place my order by?
All orders, whether A La Carte or Weekly Meal Plan, need to be placed no later than the posted date on the Menu, which is generally 5:00 pm on Friday or 2:00pn on Saturday depending on seasonal and other factors. All orders are placed using our Online Order Form.
When is my order ready?
- All A La Carte orders are ready for pickup at our kitchen location on Grassmere Park between 12PM and 5PM on Monday following the close of ordering on the previous Friday.
- Weekly Meal Plan orders optionally designated for pickup are also ready for pickup at our kitchen location on Grassmere Park between 12PM and 5PM on Monday following the close of ordering on the previous Friday.
- Weekly Meal Plan orders scheduled for delivery will be delivered between 8AM and 5PM on the Monday following the close of ordering on the previous Friday.
Where do you deliver?
- We hand deliver within a 40 mile radius from our kitchen on Grassmere Park in Nashville. See a map approximating our service area here.
- We provide FREE delivery to customer locations within the first twenty miles of our service area.
- A flat $5.00 delivery fee will be added to deliveries beyond the first twenty miles.
- The Order Form will compute your distance when you order, but you can also calculate it using our distance calculator.
What do I do if I`m not going to be home at the time of delivery?
- Most of our clients leave a cooler containing ice or ice packs out for us. Customers can provide this kind of information using the Delivery Instructions area on the Order Form.
- The cooler should be able to hold about 3 six packs of soda and have enough room for cold packs.
- If you do not have a cooler, we can provide one and a reusable freeze pack for a .00 fee.
- Some clients also give us access to a refrigerator in the garage or in a guest house.
How long will my food keep?
All our meals are vegan, and therefore they keep extremely well and should keep for more than a week if handled properly.
We recommend refrigerating your meals upon delivery. Customers who expect to be away during delivery can optionally select to have their order packed on ice in our rented coolers.
Are your meals completely vegan?
Vegan is defined as containing no animal ingredients or animal by-products. Our meals are completely vegan!
We make a number of custom vegan preparations, like our vegan cheese, which is made with tofu, nutritional yeast and spectrum non-saturated margarine.
Vegan food has Zero Cholesterol!
Do you use organic ingredients?
On average we use 50-60% organic vegetables, grains and beans depending on the availability, seasonal issues, cost and quality. Vegin-In supports local food initiatives. The more we all support the organic farmers, the lower the prices will be for all those fantastic organic sustainable food choices.
Can I lose weight by eating Vegin-In meals?
- Yes, yes and yes! Many people don't realize how much of the additional weight they're carrying is attributable overloading a sluggish metabolism with the high levels of saturated fats contained in animal products.
- If you follow correct portion sizes of 3 servings per container and a consistent exercise schedule you should lose weight at a controlled, healthy pace.
- The only sure-fire way to lose weight is to take in less calories and burn more.
- Many of our clients have reported exciting and unexpected weight loss since switching to the VegIn-In meal plan.
Are there any discounts or promotions associated with ordering from Vegin-In?
- Yes! All customers ordering for the first time automatically get a 10 percent discount of the total food order.
- We also run promotions from time to time that are ciculated with a voucher code that can be entered on the Order Form to receive the advertised discount.
- Additionally, we also give customers a 10 percent discount for referring other customers, in which case referral customers must indicate this information in their Customer Profile.
How do I make payments for meals?
- Payments are generally made online through our secure payment process, which we are currently transitioning from PayPal to another provider.
- During this time of transition, which may last into March 2012, we will accept cash, check or money order.
- You may indicate your preference for making payment at the time of order and we'll contact you to firm up any arrangements.
What if I have to cancel my order last minute?
You may cancel your order at any time, but we must charge a 50% cancellation charge if your cancelation takes place after 5:00pm on Saturday.
We have no choice but to make this charge owing to the fact that we will have already purchased your food for preparation and delivery.